Saturday, January 11, 2014

Week One--Bio














My name is Marisa Hutton, and I am a second-year psychology major.  I moved to Santa Barbara from Seattle before my junior year of high school, in order for my dad to accept a job in the Film and Media Studies department at UCSB.

I enjoy reading fantasy and mystery books, such as the obvious Harry Potter series.  I don't read as often as I would like, or should, but once I find a book that I like, I refuse to put it down.  I am not a big writer, but when I am motivated, I really do enjoy it.  I would love to write a mystery novel, so maybe one day I will discover the imagination to make that happen.

I want to take a class on digital media because it is something we are all surrounded by every day.  Because digital media is such a large part of our society now,  I thought learning more about it should be a necessary part of my education.  I, unfortunately, have done very little work with digital media aside from the most general of things.  I use my fair share of social media, but I haven't yet extended beyond that.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your interest in fantasy, I never really got into it but love how creative the authors' and their stories can get. That is really cool that your dad works here at UCSB, too!

Unknown said...

I'm a Harry Potter fan too! :) I would love to someday read your work if you ever get published. I've never been to Seattle but I've heard its beautiful there