This Photoshop process, while enjoyable, has also been quite difficult for me to get started on. I began with an image of a shadow on a staircase producing the letter "M." I also knew which piece of writing I would use as my text, but that was the extent of what I had done. I spent many hours trying to think of a theme to put these two together which would lead me to my next two images, however I did not find it until yesterday.
I was sitting in class and thinking about all of the ways that I could somehow bring together these pieces. I was also thinking of my meme and what picture I would use for that, but my mind was fully blank. So, I remembered what helped me with my Podcast, and I started to think about things that interested me and things that I loved. As this was a few days after the Super Bowl, and I am a die-hard Seahawks fan, my mind continued to wander in that direction. Now I had the letter "M," my piece of writing that reads, "learn from the past, live in the present, look to the future,"and the Seahawks. Three completely separate entities.
Finally, I just decided to start using Photoshop to adjust my letter to keep me busy while I tried to think about how I was going to pull this off. In this process, I was playing around with many of the photoshop tools when I saw the rotate tool. And just like that, my entire theme came to me. I spun that "M" 180 degrees and created a "W." With this simple photoshop function, I was able to find my focus for this project: winning. Not just the act of winning, but the entire essence of a winner. With the Olympics under way, I thought this theme all too fitting. My experience showed that you don't have to go crazy in editing to create something worth viewing, sometimes just the smallest adjustment is all you need.

2 comments:
I also found it difficult to think of a theme. I think the meme makes it difficult because it's a little hard to see a relationship between that and a letter. Reading your blog helped me think of a possible theme for my project. I also used the rotating tool to change my M to a W, but now I'm thinking of a way to change my picture back and use "M" for my name and tie that into my UCSB life theme. I hadn't thought of an "M" for some weird reason-all I saw was a W. I like your theme of winning and the entire essence of a winner. This should make for a really great project!
The theme was super difficult for me too and to be honest I'm still trying to figure out the details of it as I progress through the project! Working with Photoshop has been difficult for me too not only in terms of thinking of a theme but also in figuring out how to use the program itself. It's nice to know that other people are feeling similarly and don't have their ideas perfected yet! I love the idea of going with the Olympics and winning, it's incredibly unique and I think you could do a lot with it. I wish you the best of luck!
Post a Comment