http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/how-to-make-your-own-meme/
I chose this article/how-to because I think that it is one of the most relevant topics to not only our class so far, but social media today. Meme's have become such a popular mode of communication that they have such large influential power. I think it is incredible how a picture with only a few words can go viral and reach so many different people.
This article breaks down meme creation into 5 simple steps: 1. doing your research, 2. compose your content, 3. have the necessary tools of the trade, 4. create it, and 5. launch it. It is shocking how something so simple can have such an impact. This resource explains all of the mediums through which these memes can be transmitted. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email...all of these make the audience that can view it infinitely larger.
When something so small can have such a large impact, it begs the question: why? From what I have learned in this class, I can now say that I understand. The combination of an image with text is something that has the ability to capture attention. Because our society now has such little ability to pay attention to only one thing, verging of the two makes it all the more powerful.
This article also explains that these memes need to be short and simply. One of the reasons that they are so influential is because the tag-lines are quick and easy to remember. Everything about them stick in your brain for days, and therefore also have the ability to be spread through word of mouth.
Sometimes the smallest of things can pack the most punch.
When something so small can have such a large impact, it begs the question: why? From what I have learned in this class, I can now say that I understand. The combination of an image with text is something that has the ability to capture attention. Because our society now has such little ability to pay attention to only one thing, verging of the two makes it all the more powerful.
This article also explains that these memes need to be short and simply. One of the reasons that they are so influential is because the tag-lines are quick and easy to remember. Everything about them stick in your brain for days, and therefore also have the ability to be spread through word of mouth.
Sometimes the smallest of things can pack the most punch.


2 comments:
This article was very interesting and relevant. I do agree that it is a relevant topic. Memes are everywhere and are such a powerful form of communication. There are times where I find out important news because of a meme that I saw on the internet. Without this class, the relationship between image and message wouldn't be so apparent. A picture with words (that has the right font etc) capture your attention a lot more than I thought. Loved the last meme picture with the quote!
Post a Comment